Tuesday 17 August 2010

Iru Vizhi Unadhu...

Some songs really sound good and will be in our play-list for some time and then another song ll replace it and so on. But, there will only one (or very few) songs that remain very close to our heart. One such song is "Iru Vizhi Unadhu" from the movie "Minnale". Its a short and sweet song composed by Harris Jeyaraj and sung by Devan.

The reason for this song being close to my heart is not just the music or lyrics. It was the time I joined college, this movie came out and this song became one among my favorites. Christmas was nearing and we had a game in our class, "The secret friend".

The idea of the game is that the names of all the classmates will be written in small sheets, rolled and put in a box and each person should pick one name from the box. The one who picked the name will remain as a "secret friend" of the person he/she picks. The secret friend will pass messages to the person through some classmates. Most messages/requests will be asking the person to perform something (Like singing, dancing, saying a joke etc) before the class. We can either accept or deny the request. This game will be played during lunch time and other breaks and after a month, the secret friend will reveal himself/herself to the other person and will give a gift.

One afternoon, after lunch, I received a small sheet with a request "Please sing a song" from my secret friend. I was a bit shy but my other classmates sitting near me encouraged me to sing some song, atleast for fun. Though I sing reasonably well, I was quite nervous to sing amidst my classmates. I didn't want to sing a lengthy song and so decided to sing this one, "Iru Vizhi Unadhu".

Well, I should say that It came out to be my best performance till date. Something very close to my heart. All my classmates appreciated me and I have sung that song atleast a few times for them. It really helped me to get some good friends in my class and later I sung the same song to get a chance to sing with the college band for our "Tech Day". I don't know whether singer Devan, who sung this song in the movie, attained some popularity by singing this song, but I got a lot of friends and much more.

3 comments:

  1. @Varshini: Yup!!!

    @Neeju: Thanks!!! May be you can also sing some song and post it in FB... Its long time listening to ur songs...

    ReplyDelete